CBRNe World organisers of both the 2012 CBRNe South America and CBRNe Convergence 2012 (held in Norfolk VA) announced the first draft of the program for Rio – 13-14 March, 2012, Sheraton Hotel and Resort, Rio de Janeiro. “It is starting to combine the elements that we are keen to bring to the region – the international speakers that have a large amount of experience of running past, current and future high visibility sporting events and regional practitioners.
Personally I am very excited, I think getting this many individuals together that have provided a capability for supporting high visibility events (HVE) will be quite special – and when it is framed in Brazil, the lead nation for HVE for the next six years will be a once in a lifetime CBRNE opportunity!”
Currently confirmed speakers include:
- Brigadier General Claudio Duarte de Moraes – Chief of CTEX, Brazil.
- Colonel Ben Steyn – South Africa National Defence Force, on FIFA World Cup 2010
- Lt. Col. Paulo Malizia - Chief of the Brazilian Army's CBRN Technological Centre
- Lt. Col. Leszek Słomka - Chief of NBC Training Centre, Poland, on UEFA 2012
- Professor Maria Espona - Science and Technology Professor at National Defense School, Argentina
- Senior Director, FBI WMD Directorate
- Lt. Col. Georg Gnan – German Army, on FIFA World Cup 2006
- Lt. Col. Bernd Allert – Nato WMD Centre, Nato’s support to international HVE
- Col. Phil Visser – Commander US Chemical Corps, US CBRN integration into HVE
Currently requests have been put into Mexico, Paraguary, Peru, Colombia and many other Brazilian government departments and we hope to be able to confirm them soon.
For more information on CBRNe South America, including how to book a delegate place, accommodation or one of the few exhibition spaces available, please go to - http://www.icbrnevents.com/cbrne-south-america